The focus of this build is on the behaviour of the formula editor:
- Much improved behaviour for when the suggestions should show up, i.e., just in beginning, when typing a dot, or pressing Esc; and not as much when navigating the cursor or selection around.
- Does not show an empty suggestions window, unless you press Esc to specifically bring it up.
- Maintain previous selection in suggestions window when typing.
- Provide partial completions for each possible case of a switch for textual values or formula results.
- Provide partial completions not just for prefix but any sequential match, i.e., after a
.case("Hello World")if there’s a location with the title “Hello World”.
- Minor style tweaks, shrinking it to fit number of suggestions and applying tint colour to the selected row’s background.
Squashes a bunch or related bugs related to formulas:
- Fix to the
find/2formula on long strings, which
- Fix partial completions broken when there’s a range string (e.g.,
- Fix comparison of Strings to sub-strings, e.g.,
title == "A"
- Fix highlight after a closing bracket, e.g.,
- Fix highlight of range expression within a case, e.g.,
- Fix highlight of defaults keys such as
And a few more related bug fixes for presets and fields:
- Changing the formula for one part of a preset should keep it selected
- Fix not being able to add a field for an “additional data” key
- Fix available schemas missing formulas on GeoSubs
- Fix undo/redo when changing saved presets
Various further improvements:
- Rename “New Subscription” to “New from URL”
- KML importer now guesses KML namespace from the XML content
- Addresses a memory leak from the location pop-up on macOS
- Style tweaks, in particular for the “New from URL” view
- [New] Can now apply multiple styles to each item, by returning a list, e.g.,
[fixedCircle(5km), pin("")]would show a circle and a pin for each location.
- [New] Experimental(!) “Index as…” option on collections to index them using a given id. This can then be used for efficient look-up from other collections using the new
lookup(coordinate, 'index-id')formula. Note: This does not yet persist across restarts and only works for polygons.
- [New] Exporting an item of a collection on Mac now brings up save dialog
- [New] “Subscribe to URL…” button when creating a collection (#419)
- [New] Templates can now include instructions, e.g., see the “Trips” template.
- [Change] Add current location from a callout on the circle on the map, removing the dedicated “+” > “Current Location” option
- [Change] Updated and simplified the look of the screen that pops up when moving a location to another collection (or using the
add-*URL schemes) (#411)
- [Change] In-line editing of location details (#409)
- [Change] Exporting collections/views on Mac now works same as exporting entries (i.e., you select output format in the file picker, and have an option to simplify, too.)
- [Change] Add to collection immediately when pin dropping on map
- [Change] Don’t show route count when drawing or in location details; instead show aggregate length and area
- [Change] Scripting collections (i.e., those that point at a non HTTP-URL) now get better help in the locations list if there’s no content yet.
- [Fix] Various fixes for map animations, in particular for collections that mix polygons with pins.
- [Fix] Fixes issue when dropping file on app icon (#410)
- [Fix] Fixes issue where location details might stay visible when swiping to delete the location while its pop-up is visible
- [Fix] Fixes an issue where local files might be missing in the hierarchy
- [Fix] Pop-ups prompting for a name, now include a clear button
- [Fix] Pressing ‘Done’ after having entered an invalid formula no longer deletes it.
- [Fix] Sort subfolders same as root (i.e., folders first)
- [Fix] Performance improvement by doing fewer reloads of folder items
- [Fix] Allow deselecting last collection by command+click
- [Fix] Style tweaks of files list (centered emoji; don’t fill folder icons; upload/download on side; adjust share info to be more like Finder’s)
- [Fix] Style tweaks for Mac (especially for Monterey; native alerts)
- [Fix] When drawing the colour of the colour picker, the colour on the map, and previously selected colours now stay in sync (#414)